Friday, April 15, 2011

It's been a looooooong week...

Redbeard worked later than normal a couple of days this week; there are always projects that are urgent, due to weather or scheduling this time of year. Unfortunately, that makes my day hideously long (which he completely acknowledges and is apologetic about). He makes up the time today, with a short day, by which time I am a complete jellied mess. What works well for a single guy is completely wrong for a family (he's mostly got that through his head, but sometimes....) My mom suggested that with the past memories (mostly feelings resulting from) that are coming up for me, I might need to lower my expectations about what I can get done during the day. I have been really upset with my inability to live up to my expectations with the housework, keeping my temper and getting dinner ready, while making sure the kids are cared for. I think Mom is right, and I'm a little embarassed I didn't see it myself! [blush] HOWEVER, that's not going to happen today, because our timber bed that we had built for us comes this afternoon. The craftsman is delivering and helping us set it up-- sometimes living out here in the wilds of Montana is a real pain in the arse, but sometimes, it's really wonderful. Nowhere else would you be able to get a heavy custom bed delivered and set up (tax free) for $75-- by the guy who built it! I've got some work to do getting things cleaned up and ready for the frame to go in. Hopefully, the kids can be bribed with some TV, Wii and normally forbidden munchies, so that I can work on it. Redbeard is home at 1:00p; maybe I'll just have him do it instead. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment